Sunday, October 20, 2013

Project Life - the 5 "W's" and an "H"

I hear so many people asking about Project Life.

I think it is time for a "regular plain jane" to speak up.
**I am not paid by anyone to endorse the product or even use the product. I am a scrapper (obviously you got that from the title of my blog - hahaha) and I am a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) with a small part time job, on the side, at a local preschool.  What I am saying is that I just LOVE the product!**

So, from one "Plain Jane" to another, here is what I can tell you:

WHY?
I scrapbook for many reasons.  There are 3 things that are huge on that list of reasons:  NATHAN, SOPHIE and SANITY!  Scrapbooking is MY hobby.  It is a great way for me to relax, get creative and enjoy reminiscing about the past. But, what's more important?  My children.
They will want to know the stories behind their relatives when they are older. They want to know their own stories now.  They love to look at photos from past trips, their birth, vacations, relatives they don't see enough, etc.  This is the main reason that I scrapbook.  

WHAT?
Project Life is a KIT.  It comes with matching 4x6 decorative cards, 3x4 decorative cards for journaling.  

To complete an entire album, you will need:

  • the Core Kit
  • page protectors to slide photos, mats and journaling cards into 
  • a 3-ring 12x12 binder 
  • a black pen (acid-free, archival safe)
Project Life has taken the guesswork out of matching papers, cutting out photo mats, cutting titles and embellishing the pages.  

***side-note***
Now, don't get me wrong....if you want to embellish cards or pictures and cut titles, you can do that, but it isn't "a must-do" if you have a Project Life Core Kit.
The products shown above are:
  • Olive Core Kit
  • Midnight 3-Ring Binder
  • Big Variety Pack 2
  • Project Life Marker Set (from HSN)

WHERE?
You can purchase Project Life through HSN, Amazon, Michaels, Hobby Lobby. Michaels and Hobby Lobby (which we lovingly call it HobLob) have coupons for 40% off most weeks or even put the kits on 50% off.  If you are "unsure" if you will use it, print a coupon and go to the store to buy one!
WHO?
Use Project Life to do a scrapbook about your children.  If you don't have children, do one about YOU!  Use Project Life for a vacation.  Use it to brag about your fur-babies. Project Life is a great product to showcase LIFE....in any way, shape or form! Whether it is a heritage album, a school album, a celebration of life, a vacation of a lifetime or even the only trip you will ever take.  It works for ANYONE!  

WHEN?

A lot of people I know are just hearing about Project Life.  They aren't sure when to start it.  Here's the best part.....you can start ANY time!!!
Some people start at the beginning of January.  
Others start the beginning of the school year.  
Some have even started on a particular birthday.  
Just pick YOUR date and go for it!

HOW?
  1. You open the box, take the cellophane off 
  2. Get out all the photos you want to work with  
  3. Slide the photos and project life cards into the slots of the page protectors 
  4. Write thoughts or stories on the 3x4 or 4x6 project life cards and slide them into open spots of the page protectors.
VOILA!!!!!     It is really that easy!

So, there you have it folks, the "skinny" on Project Life. 


If you have started Project Life, drop me a line and tell me which kit you are using and what you are using it for.  I can't wait to hear all about your projects!


Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

No comments: