Monday, September 30, 2013

I'm Working Again!

I have been out of the work force for about 5 years.  Ben has worked really hard to allow me to stay home with the kidlets.

I did a little bit of subbing last year at Sophie's Preschool and I really enjoyed the change of scenery.  I told them to put the money I would make back into her tuition for preschool and was content with doing that.  They were happy too, because they didn't have to do payroll or anything like that for my few days of subbing.

So at the end of last year, I mentioned to Hillery, the assistant director, that I would be interested in working a couple days a week if they had any positions open up.  She told me, at that point, that they had already done all the hiring for the following year.  So, I told her that I would be interested in subbing again in the 2013-2014 school year.  

The evening before open house, I received an email from Hillery that they needed a Parapro for the Kindergarten class on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-1:30.  I emailed the next morning and told Hillery that I was coming to the school to talk with her.  

I took the job!

I have been working at the school for a couple of months now and I am LOVING it!  It has been nice to get that paycheck, but some other things have happened since I started working:
  • I have lost 14 pounds since I started on the 8th of August.
  • I am more productive on the days that I am not at work.
  • I have picked up some extra subbing days to get to know the other classroom routines and the kids in each class and it increases the paycheck a bit too.
  • I feel happier.
I think these are all GREAT things!

It has been hard getting back to a "work" routine and some weeks are tougher than others.  I have been working on going to bed a lot sooner than I used to and I am planning/batch cooking meals ahead of time.  I also make lunches in bulk on Sundays for the entire week.  So far, it is working, but the sleep patterns are still taking a bit to get going.  But it has been a great experience for me so far!

I have been blessed to work with Nikita, the Kindergarten Teacher, she is pretty awesome.  I have a lot of respect for her and what she is doing with the Kindergarten Kids.  They are a great bunch of kids too!  

The other blessing is working with the rest of the gals at the preschool.  All of them have been so great.  It has been a wonderful experience for me so far and I can't wait to see how the year turns out!  

Lucky ME!!! 

Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

No comments: