Monday, January 7, 2013

MMEW 2012 Wrap-Up


I began 2012 with big intentions.
I joined Big Picture Classes and Cathy Zielske for a year-long class called "Move More, Eat Well".
My intentions were there to lose weight and get healthy.
I started the year out at 175 and my weight creeped up to the heaviest
 I have EVER weighed: 181.
I started by recording everything I ate and cutting out the pop I was drinking (I stopped buying it for the house too).

I joined LA Fitness (LAF) June 1st and re-started my workouts.
I think my favourite machine up at LAF is the Elliptical because I burn more calories while I am on it but also because I feel like I am working my entire body.
I did join at first because I wanted the group exercise classes and access to the cardio equipment.  STEP is MY THING and there is a guy there who can teach it the way it should be taught....UNTIL he started to do more interval work instead of choreography and I stopped going to his classes.  If I wanted P90X, I would buy the DVD's!  
From June 1st to October 31st, I went from 181 down to 165!!!  
My "GOAL" was to get down to 160-165.  Not bad!!!
I had a hysterectomy at the end of November, put my membership on hold until February 1st 2012.  I have since lost a couple more pounds, but I am sure will gain them back once I start working out again - afterall, muscle does weigh more than fat!  

I am kinda glad that I am missing the "NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS" people at the gym this month.  My post-opp appointment is on Friday and I should be cleared for everything after Dr. Wright examines me. 

My goal this year is to continue to watch my portion sizes, cook more at home instead of going out to eat, get down to 150 or less and STAY THERE!
Maybe I will try to run a 5K?  Who knows...it's a new year, who knows right???
Maybe I will even get re-certified this year and start teaching group exercise classes again!  
WHO KNOWS!!!!  But I am looking forward to getting back to the gym after all this surgery stuff!
Bring it!!!

Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

No comments: