Thursday, November 1, 2012

JOY

We attended a Trunk-or-Treat (ToT) on Saturday night at a new church right up the street from our house: First Baptist Church McDonough - West Campus.
It was our first ToT and it was a lot of fun.
We decided that all the people that were there were nice and that we would try their church service the next day at 11.
While I was sitting in this little church, a thought came over me and I couldn't stop thinking about it....
It hit me really hard and I felt the need to share with all of you: JOY.
Whenever I have come into contact with Christ Followers, JOY is apparent within them. It comes out of their pores, their eyes show it, their actions and their body language show it.
I miss that pure joy and I am really glad that we, as a family, are actively pursuing a church home again. After a long time away, you start to feel kind of LOST. Thank goodness God never loses us and welcomes us back with open arms like the prodigal son.
The funny thing about Sunday's service is that it was about New Beginnings. Kind of hits home, eh?
I am looking forward to having more JOY and seeing where this little church will take us, if it is the right spot for our family or not, if we feel the pull to volunteer with Ministry again. Who knows....but more JOY? I'm ready!!

Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

1 comment:

Pabby said...

I know the feeling Cyn. Finding a really good church home is hard, but so worth it when you find it! Keep looking and keep the JOY!