Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 19

I am thankful for our health.  Sure, we get the common cold, but we have been very blessed with healthy immune systems.  I pray for people every day who have been diagnosed with Cancer or other illnesses.  My father was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in January and has since undergone Radiation to get rid of it.  He now gets tested every 6 months.  My mother-in-law had breast cancer, was cured of it for 10 years and it has metastasized to her thigh bone/pelvis and several other areas in her body.  She will live the rest of her life with Cancer.  A friend's ex-boyfriend has just been diagnosed with Cancer, they are trying to keep him comfortable and are waiting for a miracle. It is sad.  Cancer is a bad, bad word in a lot of households.
So, I am just thankful for our family's health.

Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

No comments: