Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bite of TRUTH....Entry #1


I have decided to add a little thing called BITE of TRUTH to my blog. 
Every now and then, I come across a message on Facebook and it really slaps me in the face!

How many of us try to avoid the things we really don't want to do?
I know I do from time to time.  

  • Have that conversation that we really don't want to have with a friend / loved one? 
  • Call a friend out about something he or she is doing that is detrimental to themselves? 
  • Admit that you are wrong about something?  
  • Admit that you are acting like a child when you are a full-grown person?
  • Do the chores around the house that need to be done but you sure as heck don't want to do them?  
  • Ask the question that we really don't want to hear the answer to, but we need to know anyway?
  • Admit when you are at the lowest of the low and need help?

Here is the slap in the face that I got this morning and boy did it hit me hard:
"The secret of success is that successful people form the habit of doing things they don't really want to do. They do them anyway because they like the results they obtain, instead of just accepting whatever results they'd get by doing only the things they like to do." 

~Earl Nightingale~

Ponder that for a little while....let it soak in.  I betcha it will hit you too!

Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

1 comment:

Jessica Ellis said...

Gee, I think I could have an entire BLOG devoted to this subject...lol. Good words, good words. Discipline actually brings a lot more happiness and peace than just letting everything slide that needs to be done.