Monday, August 6, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

Remember that Staples commercial?  The one with the kids walking (read: sulking) behind their joy-filled parent, while they rode the shopping cart all around the store getting supplies with a HUGE grin on their face?
Yeah, I know you are grinning from ear to ear right now remembering that awesome commercial.  If not, here you go:


 

What a laugh, eh?  

That is how I felt a couple of weeks ago while I was shopping for school supplies.  Yes, I am the geeky mom, who grins from ear to ear in an office supply store and can never walk past a pack of post-its without picking up "just one pack".  I could spend a couple thousand dollars at an office supply store without batting an eye.  Sad, eh?

ANYWAY...
Thursday, we had open house for Nathan's school and we got our traditional "Teacher/Student" picture:
We took all the supplies that day, so that all we had to do today was put on the new backpack, grab the Darth Vader lunchbox and go. 
I have already offered up my services as "ROOM MOM" and Mr. Van Deusen has accepted.  So, this morning, Sophie and I went in to get all the rest of the school supplies put away and organized.  We were only there about an hour and fifteen minutes.  Not bad!  I guess that's what happens when you have done the volunteer thing already!  Gotta love a "seasoned" room mom!

So, Sophie and I came home after organizing Mr. VanD and enjoyed a quiet house, a nice big cup of Tim Horton's coffee and watched the Olympics without the Wii or the sound of the DS, or even the sound of kids fighting with each other or playing.  Woot!  Woot! 

I may sound like the worst parent right now by writing this out, but you know what?  Y'all are thinking the same thing!  Don't even pretend you aren't!  After the first month on vacation for the summer, you are all counting the days until the kids go back to school!  Don't even try to deny it!  HA HA HA!  I love my kids, but to be perfectly honest, they are both a lot better with the routine and consistency that going to school brings.  

The cool thing:  We have OPEN HOUSE for Sophie on Thursday night and we get to meet her new preschool teacher, Ms. Jill.  I get to do the happy dance again in a week's time, when Sophie goes to Preschool for the first time next Monday.  

Whatever will I do with those 3 hours 3 days a week?  I am sure I can find something!!!  ;) ;)   scrapbook, work out, volunteer, grocery shop without kids...gasp!

I am beside myself with excitement.....
Now, off I go, to upload all the photos I took today.

Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Good for you! Here is to a little "me" time for you!!

Cyn M said...

Thanks Jayne! I am REALLY looking forward to it. Can't ya tell! HA!
You know what is really exciting? Shopping for groceries or anything really without having to herd the children! I can't wait to be able to get into the grocery store and get out in less than an hour!!!