Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last Week of School....

As room mom, I have a lot to do this week.  So, posts here on the blog will either be automated or not done at all. Not only do I have stuff to do for Nathan's class, but I also have things I want and need to get done BEFORE the summer starts.  
I have a garage that has stuff in it that we didn't even touch in Warner Robins and will need to be thrown out.  So, the thought was to get it done before Nathan gets out of school to allow me to run what we want thrown out to the landfill.  
Jessica is having SCRAP NIGHT at her place for the first time this month on Thursday night.  I am definitely going because I have a lot of sample layouts to do for the Feeling Scrappy Sketchapalooza Class that starts June 4th.  I am really looking forward to that class.
Also, putting together a summer activities calendar for the next two months so that we know what we are doing and when we are doing it.  I have bought a bunch of books that Nathan is not allowed to touch until AFTER he finished school on Friday.  Here is the pile, along with a Math Game for his DS.  I want to keep him reading and learning over the summer.  

 
Another thing I have done in preparation for the summer: I purchased the movie passes for the summer for each of us.  They show one movie a week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 9:30.  It was $5 per person for the entire summer.  So, I know that will be one activity that we have for one day a week.  It is for children, so if Sophie doesn't sit through the entire movie, she can play in the aisle.  I have been told that it is okay, so that covers one activity for the kids and I to do.
We have Zoo Atlanta memberships to use for the year and also Georgia Aquarium memberships.  On the really, really hot days, we will head to the Aquarium.  There are also other museums that I want to check out as well.  But this schedule of activities needs to get done before Nathan is out of school for the summer!
Nathan also got a free ticket to 6 Flags Over Georgia for reading this year and he wants Ben to take him up there for the day.  I am totally okay with that and I think it would be awesome for the two of them to have a Nathan/Daddy Day.  Ben just has to remember his camera!  ;)Oh and did I mention that I will be joining LA FITNESS on June 1st?  Yep!  That is the plan, Stan!  I have been really missing working out, teaching aerobics and personal training.  So, after talking with a few people and checking out the gyms in the area, I have decided that LA Fitness is where I need to join.  Luckily, they have child care available AND it is not a contract, so if I don't like it as much as I think I will, I can cancel at any time.  I love that!  I also think that by having activities and working out, my SANITY will be intact at the end of the summer!  HA!  I love my kidlets but Sophie has begun that whole terrible twos/threes thing with the temper tantrums and such.  Not a fun thing to deal with.  ARGH!  So, working out should help with stress management (OR at least I hope it does) and weight loss too!  Woot!  Woot!
So, that is the update for now. I have GOT to get to work! Catch ya on the flipside!
Until Next Time,

SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~  

1 comment:

Jayne said...

LOL = I always say "That's the plan Stan!" :) You will get it all done and won't you don't will get taken care of at some point - don't stress to much :)