Sunday, May 6, 2012

As Promised.....Photo Ideas for Project Lifers....

Now, we all can take photos of our children, pets and other family members.  Heck, we can all take pictures of the places we visit and even the mundane tasks we do day-to-day.  How many times can we really take a photo of our laundry room because we are doing laundry for the umpteenth time that week?!?!  I mean, how many photos can you have of THIS in your scrapbooks?  I mean, really!?!?!?! 
What about those days that you completely forgot the camera or the photo that you took with your iPhone is blurry and unusable?  Last year, I took some photos of the signs of places that I frequent: Walmart, Aldi, Publix, Kroger, CVS, Target, Books A Million, just so that I could have a "FILLER" photo when I didn't get the right shot that I wanted to get for that day.  I mentioned in a previous post that I keep my agenda in my purse at all times and keep a little note of what we do on a daily basis.  This allows for a "mind-jog" when I don't get to printing my pictures the week I take them.  I may also reference my blog in my agenda as well so that I can look at the stuff I mention right here.  It helps with journaling too. 
Here are some ideas off the top of my head:

  • gas prices
  • milk prices
  • favourite clothes
  • favourite bath soaps
  • favourite colour
  • the book you are currently reading
  • the music on your iPod
  • the craft project you are working on
  • your car (especially if you are a commuter)
  • the text you got from a friend
  • the calorie counter on your iPhone
  • vacuum
  • new shoes
  • your laptop/computer on your favourite website
  • your desk when you are paying bills
  • coupon binder
  • a tree or bush you just planted
  • your garden
  • your odometer
  • the temperature gauge
  • your favourite television show
  • your friend making a face at you
  • your bedroom or a favourite spot in your house
Back to the FILLER PHOTOS and other ideas for photos:
So, I went on a little scavenger hunt online to see where I could find lists of things to photograph when you need a "Filler" or forget to take a photo.  Get ready, because I have found a bunch of places that I will be linking to so that you can bookmark for when you have one of those forgetful days:
Google Images - just type in the search box for images that you need.  They *may* have it!  Click on the image you want and it will open in a window.  Right click and "Save as".  
Project Life Photography Themes - a blog called Scrapbooker's Inner Circle is what I found while on Pinterest.  That Pinterest is a fabulous resource!!!  She does a weekly Theme to photograph.  Pretty cool!
Joy's Hope - Julie is the owner of this awesome blog and she does a monthly Photo Challenge.  She posts it early in the month so that you can follow along and use the photo ideas she already has laid out for you. Here is her list for April:
I think it is a pretty awesome blog to follow AND the cool thing is that she is a Christ Follower too!  Pretty awesome!
Pinterest - a great place for ideas, photos, links.  A great "GO TO" for every crafty person.  
Fat Mum Slim - Chantelle, in Australia, posts a monthly photo-a-day challenge.
I hope that this blog post has helped you to figure out where to get photos as fillers or just day-to-day photo ideas.  I tried Project Life last year and only lasted until the middle of March.  This year, I am actually doing it!  Woot!  Woot!  Now, get out there and take some photos already!!
Until Next Time,
SCRAP ON!
~Cyn~

No comments: