Monday, April 16, 2012

SSNA Retreat 2012

This past weekend, I spent the weekend at the Red Rooster Retreat with some ladies from ScrapShare.  Check out my pics:
 My retreat partner, Jessica

 Jessica, Marta and I pretending to be "Scrapping ANGELS"  ha!
 Me and Jess
 Me, Christy and Marta
 Jessica, Me, Christy and Marta
Jessica, Pam, Christy and Marta.

It was a great weekend and I got completely caught up to April 8 2011 in my Project Life Album.  More posts to come about that.  I also completed 15 traditional pages for my other albums using sketches from CTMH Idea Books.  I am pretty psyched!

When it was time to plan for this retreat, I did a power layout of current printed photos that were sitting in my power sort boxes.  Then I took all of the photos I have taken since January 1st 2012 and copied them into a 366 folder to be renamed and printed.  I then started renaming the files to 1-1-12, 1-2-12, and so on.  When I printed them at CVS, they were printed with that name on the back and it was SO easy to put together.  What I didn't realize is that the majority of the photos I wanted to use for this album were VERTICAL!  Good thing I bought Variety Pack  2 which has both horizontal and vertical page protectors in it.  I was a little frustrated when I first started adding the photos to the page protectors because I didn't realize the orientation of the pictures would be such an issue.  Newbie error!  Ha!  It's okay though.  It looks fabulous so far.  

I am now onto the next set of photos for the last week.  I am really enjoying this process and when I got home from the retreat and showed Ben the album, he seemed to enjoy looking through the album too!  Not bad eh?!?!?!  My current page count for 2012 is now up to 157 pages for 2012!  Woot Woot!  Go ME!!!
Now, to figure out when the next retreat is so that I can get some more scrappiness in!!!
Until next time, 
Scrap On!
~Cyn~

No comments: