RULES FOR THIS CHALLENGE:
(posting again just in case you didn't read it last month)1. Use what papers you have in your paper pods, on your shelves, paper stacker, wherever. Use your brads, eyelets, primas, chipboard, ribbon, grungeboard, etc. Spend as little as possible on supplies!!!
2. Purchase only tape runner, xyron refills, page refills, protectors and replacement blades for our trimmers, wishblade, cricut, etc.
3. If there is a basic cardstock that you use, (ie. Black/White/Brown) this is okay to purchase but you have to count it in your monthly amount spent!
4. Loophole: When you get a gift card for Archivers/Hobby Lobby/Michaels/Joann's for birthdays, anniversaries, mothers day, Christmas - you can use it to purchase supplies without recording what you spent because it wasn’t your money you spent. It was a GIFT. This does NOT mean that you go out and buy a bunch of gift cards before the end of the year to Hobby Lobby/Archivers/Michaels.
5. By the 5th day of the month, I will have a challenge of the month posted. This thread will be used to showcase what we have done with our STASH. It will be located in the Page Challenges Forum and will be titled: "Month 2012" UYS Challenge & Showcase.
6. At the end of the month, we have to post what we bought, how much it cost and then how many pages/projects we complete. This will be done in a thread titled:
Use Your Stash Totals for "Month 2012".
7. Cartridges for the Cricut or Digital Kits……You have to factor the cost of the cartridge or digital kits into your monthly purchase amount – which will make your page cost go up! The only way around that would be if someone bought you the cart/kit or if you buy it with a gift card.
8. Use your ENTIRE STASH at the END of 2012 - by doing this challenge - and you get to BUY WHATEVER YOU LIKE!!!!
9. Pictures DO NOT count toward your costs for your layouts as you need the pictures to be able to scrapbook and use your stash. Digital Layouts when printed are only worth 1/3 their price as the pictures on the page count for the other 1/3 of the cost.
10. Anything you can alter does NOT count in your cost analysis. Mod Podge, acrylic spray, adhesive spray and archival spray.
11. If it is a gift for someone (secret sister, Christmas, end of year gift, ghoulfriends, etc.) it does NOT count. Even if you are altering it for that person. It is a GIFT and is not counted at all.
Here is how I count my stuff and how you should count it so that we are all on the same page:
- A scrapbook page is a scrapbook page. (It doesn't matter what size it is.)
- 5 cards = 1 scrapbook page
- 1 altered Item (doesn't matter what size) = 1 scrapbook page
- 1 gift made using your supplies = 1 scrapbook page
- Challenge of the month Completed & Posted = 1 page
- Using 1 Swap Set = 1 page
- taperunners / refills
- pages / protectors
- cutting mats
- xyron refills
- replacement blades for our trimmers / cricuts / wishblades
- any digital pictures (if you don't have pictures, you can't use your stash)
- anything you can alter
- mod podge
- acrylic spray
- adhesive spray
- archival spray
- anything you bought using a giftcard OR money given to you as a gift OR money earned selling your scrapbook stuff ONLY (because it wasn't YOUR money to begin with) = A.K.A. “Loophole $”
- retreat costs
- online classes (BPS, Jessica Sprague, Get It Scrapped, Feeling Scrappy, L.O.A.D., to name a few)
- Anytime you spend money on anything “scrappy”.
- If there is a basic cardstock that you use (ie. black, white, brown) this is okay to purchase but you have to count it in your monthly amount spent. Cartridges / Digital Kits are to be counted in your monthly amount spent.
- Digital Scrapbook Pages - count only 1/2 of the cost to have the page printed.
If you are a CM / CTMH / SU Consultant, (whether you are a hobbyist or do it as a business) what you purchase for your business does NOT count (unless you are using it for yourself - then you have to take the wholesale cost of that item and add it to what you spent that month).
Now, the FEBRUARY 2012 Challenge:
You know those idea books and sketch books you have on your shelf? Well, pull them off the shelf and find at least 3 sketches (since it is a short month).
Complete a layout for each of the sketches you have chosen.
Were you one of those ladies that joined all those swaps when you were first swap certified and have them in a folder somewhere? Well, find those swap sets and use them up!!! Alter something or just use them on your layouts that you create in February!!!
As you can see, I have a couple drawers full of sets that need to be used up. ------>
There you have it, the second challenge of 2012! Enjoy and......get your SCRAP on!!!!