Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm THAT mom.....

I just got home from Harvest Church a half an hour ago and I have to say...
I.AM.THAT.MOM!
I, never, in a million years, would have thought that putting my child in the church nursery for one hour would bother me or make me feel anxious! I felt lost! Something was missing! A part of my body was missing! I felt anxious! I almost cried dropping her off!

I can usually hand off my children to other people to hold, play with, etc. and not worry that anything would happen to them. But, I was THAT parent today!!!!

I couldn't really concentrate on the sermon because I was worried about Sophie.


It is an hour-long service and it felt like FOREVER! As soon as the final prayer was said and the music started during the offering, I got up and made a run for the infant room. She was crying when I got there, but the ladies said she did really well for her first visit........Too bad I didn't!
Here is an updated pic of Sophie, she is now 7 months old and we do everything together. She is my little "cling-on", she is my beautiful little peanut that I can't leave alone and can't stand when she cries. It breaks my heart. Who knew that I would feel like this about a second child! Who knew that I could love someone this much! I didn't think I had more love to give after having Nathan. I thought I could never love another child as much as I loved Nathan. But I was wrong! It is amazing the abundance of love that I have for my children.
Here is Nathan, he will be 6 in August and is so smart! This boy is reading on a 4th or 5th grade level and doing math like he has been doing it for years! SO SMART! I know that most people think their kid is smart, but I tell you, Nathan is way above his grade level on these things! If only he was emotionally mature, we wouldn't have so much trouble at school! LOL This picture was taken just as I was coming up here to post this blog. Isn't he handsome?!?! Those brown eyes are gonna kill some ladies when he is older! ;)
LA-LA-LA-LOVE MY KIDS!

No comments: