Wednesday, September 30, 2009

36 weeks and 5 days.....

Our little girl that I am carrying is still nameless. STILL! Can you tell I am frustrated? Can you tell that it is bugging me that I can not call her by name when I talk about her?
I went to the OB today and measured at 35 weeks. I guess she is running out of room. I am 172.5 pounds and my blood pressure is fine. Our baby girl's heartrate was at 150 today. The OB talked to me about when to head to the hospital - contractions 5 minutes apart or water breaking and then checked to make sure the baby girl is head down - YEP SHE IS.....no wonder there is so much pressure! Apparently if I go into labour now, they will NOT stop it and do the C-Section. Seeing as I have never been in labour and have no idea what a contraction feels like, it should be interesting if it does happen. It didn't with Nathan and I don't expect it to with this little girl!
It is only 16 days before the scheduled C-Section and I am ready to go. Well, ready as I will ever be, knowing that I will have to be cut open to get her out and go through major abdominal surgery.... I can't wait to "meet" her even though I feel her throughout my days. It will be nice to see her actual face and have her little fingers grab at mine. It has been 5 years since we have had a baby in the house and yes, we are a little worried about how that is going to be. We are also worried about how Nathan will handle this new little girl and being a big brother. We have already seen a bit of regression on his part. Hopefully, as soon as he sees her and sees that she completes our family, he will be right on board with us in welcoming her to our family. But, until then, we are adjusting and will continue to adjust.

Now, if only we could figure out a name........

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Sounds like everything is all set! No worries - everyone including your son will adjust just fine :)