Saturday, April 18, 2009

Traumatized...

Thursday night, I asked Nathan if he would like to ride the school bus home from school on Friday. He was SUPER excited. Well, we talked about it again Friday morning and I sent an email to his teacher to tell her that I had talked to him about it and to send him on the bus with Brandon F.
The Bus drops the kids off right on our front lawn! How convenient!
So, I stood waiting for the bus to arrive and got all choked up when I finally saw it coming. As the doors opened, one of the kids got off and then Nathan was coming down the stairs off the bus. He saw me and his face just got "the look" like he was going to cry! So, I got him off the bus as fast as possible and asked him what was wrong!
First thing he said to me was "they yell on the bus" and then said "I missed my friend Brandon." So, what I *think* happened was after I told him to stay with Brandon F., he was split up from him and didn't get to sit with him. Then, the kids were loud and the bus driver yelled to sit down and be quiet. Nathan does NOT do well to yelling and loud stuff, so he was just SHELL SHOCKED when he was getting off the bus!
He said he NEVER wants to go on the bus again! He was scared and didn't like the yelling. He wants to be a car rider from now on!

I felt so bad!!!!! Poor little guy!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Oh no, poor guy!
But the flip side is, he could have come running off the bus, thrilled to be a big kid now...and that would have crushed me and my mommy heart. Truly one of those danged if you do, danged if you don't situations.

I'm sure he'll bounce back sooner than our mommy guilt subsides....
Hang in there...

McKay Family said...

Awww...poor baby!