Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Madness.....Reflections....

The snow didn't last long at all yesterday, but at least we got to see it. It "almost" felt like home for Ben. He was wistfully looking out the front door at the snow. I know he misses Canada.....I understand why...but I don't miss it as much as he does.
Yes, our families both live up there and the majority of our friends are up there and I miss them all. But I like the life we have made for ourselves here in Warner Robins, GA.
The worst part about being down here is that when we have an "event" in our lives that we want to share with our parents, we have to schedule it way in advance to allow for them to come visit and enjoy that event with us.
I guess I just like being away from our families and being able to do what we want to do without expectations and hurting people's feelings. It is "easier" for us. We lean on each other and our marriage is stronger because we are away from family and have to rely on each other more. I also think that when we do go up to Canada, that our time with our families are cherished more. Ben's parents and my parents are more "focused" when it comes to our time with them. We always make a point to spend time with each of our parents and especially allowing for time for Nathan to spend with them too. But, I think it is a "quality" time instead of quantity. Makes us all appreciate the time together MORE....... So, I think it's a good thing for us to be down here.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I hear you - we are in the same situation here and it is all good :)

BonnieRose said...

I wud agree as well.. sometimes, I wish we were further fr family.. kwim?? LOL Cali, here we come.. LOL eventually..