Saturday, February 14, 2009

Midnight Shift

So, Ben called me on Monday to tell me that the Plant Manager and the Assistant Plant Manager pulled him into the office to tell him that they need him to work on the Midnight/Third Shift. They said that they have some TILE orders and need a "white hat" on to supervise. So, since Ben is a "white hat" or manager, they decided to ask him.
So, as of Sunday at 10:15pm, he will be heading into work for the night shift and I will be ALL ALONE in our big king-sized bed! Can you tell how excited I am about this? I told Ben I may have to get Nathan in our bed so that I don't get freaked out or something.
I don't like it one bit. I hate the fact that he will have worked all night and they expect him to DRIVE HOME - 40 minutes - after working all night. It is DANGEROUS!
On top of that, NATHAN is out of school ALL NEXT WEEK!!! How the heck will I keep him Quiet all day long while Daddy sleeps? I will be planning our mornings out of the house that is for sure! Poor Ben....he is going to be the guy in the picture up there!!!
I am NOT IMPRESSED!!! (can you hear me stomping my feet?)

2 comments:

Cori said...

That stinks for you & Ben. I can sympathize with ya though. :-(
I've been having to share my bed lately with Ian for some reason. Wish it was Cory since he doesn't kick and move around as much as Ian. LOL

Char said...

Well, look on the bright side, you will have some fun excursions for you and Nathan to enjoy. Night shift does suck. :(