SCRAPBOOK YOUR STASH CHALLENGE 2009
The goal is to USE YOUR STASH and SPEND LESS in 2009.....
RULES FOR THIS CHALLENGE:
1. Use what papers you have in your paper pods, on your shelves, paper stacker, wherever. Use your brads, eyelets, primas, chipboard, ribbon, grungeboard, etc. Spend as little as possible on supplies!!!
2. Purchase only tape runner, xyron refills, page refills, protectors and replacement blades for our trimmers, wishblade, cricut, etc.
3. If there is a basic cardstock that you use, (ie. Black/White/Brown) this is okay to purchase but you have to count it in your monthly amount spent!
4. Loophole: When you get a gift card for Archivers/Hobby Lobby/Michaels for birthdays, anniversaries, mothers day, Christmas - you can use it to purchase supplies without recording what you spent because it wasn’t your money you spent. It was a GIFT. This does NOT mean that you go out and buy a bunch of gift cards before the end of 2008 to Hobby Lobby/Archivers/Michaels.
5. During the month, we will have a challenge of the month to showcase what we have done with our STASH and we will post links to them in the COMMENT section of THIS Blog.....
6. At the end of the month, we have to post what we bought, how much it cost and then how many pages/projects we complete.
7. Cartridges for the Cricut or Digital Kits……You have to factor the cost of the cartridge or digital kits into your monthly purchase amount – which will make your page cost go up! The only way around that would be if someone bought you the cart/kit or if you buy it with a gift card.
8. Use your ENTIRE STASH at the END of 2009 - by doing this challenge - and you get to BUY WHATEVER YOU LIKE!!!! You will also get a little "gift" in the mail!!! BUT you have to show PROOF of it all being gone - empty shelves, pods, supply closet, prima jars, brads, etc. No hiding it either!
9. Pictures DO NOT count toward your costs for your layouts as you need the pictures to be able to scrapbook and use your stash. Digital Layouts when printed are only worth 1/2 their price as the pictures on the page count for the other 1/2 of the cost.
10. Anything you can alter does NOT count in your cost analysis. Mod Podge, acrylic spray, adhesive spray and archival spray. Here is the GRAPHIC for this challenge: (right click and save this file to your pc and upload to your own file sharing account please!
At least 1 sketch (one or 2 page layout) with the stuff you have on hand. Scrapbook as many pages as you can too! POST YOUR SKETCH LAYOUTS HERE!!! January 31st, we'll see who has the LOWEST cost per page (digital & traditional totals)
Post your Layout Links in the comment section of this blog!!!