Friday, January 30, 2009

L is my Letter.....10 THINGS.....

Well, the other day I was blog surfing and saw on Sherry's Blog that she was given the Letter "S". I commented and told her that I wanted a letter.....she gave me "L"....
I have to come up with "10 Things" that I love that start with the Letter "L"....If you want to play along, post in the comments section and I will go to your blog and put your letter in your comments.
So, here I go!
  1. LIFE - I love my life here in Georgia. We found a church that we enjoy going to, we have made friends, we have made a life for ourselves down here without our families getting into "our stuff". So, first and foremost - LIFE!!!!
  2. LAYOUTS - I am an avid scrapbooker and I love to look through my albums and see all the layouts I have completed. I may not be "great" at it, but when I start a Layout, I put everything into it. From the time I started in 2002, until now, I have changed in style of scrapbooking and you can see it in the Layouts that I have created!
  3. LILIES - Stargazer Lillies to be exact. Ben gets them on occasion for me (haven't had any for a while) and they just make me smile. They are my favourite flower. Forget roses, carnations, whatever.....I want Stargazer Lillies! They make the entire house smell good and they are so pretty to look at!
  4. LEARNING - I am a firm believer of constantly learning a new task, new technique, new language, anything to keep the mind working. I am always interested in what I can learn from someone or something. I believe that a person should learn something new every day. How else will we evolve? I loved going to school, being in a classroom and learning from the others around me. I would LOVE to go back and get my Education Degree and help others learn but it just isn't in the cards. To LEARN is to GROW......
  5. LIBRARY - I love the Library....the smell, the quiet, the comfort of it. We had a GREAT one in Guelph and I miss it. I loved to go on a Saturday morning...it was a comfort to me to be surrounded by books and just be able to sit in the quiet and peruse whichever genre of book I wanted to. Peace...Serenity.....
  6. LEE - a friend of mine, LOVE HER! She is one of those friends that you need in your life. She will tell you when you are being a dip-shit and she will tell you the truth whenever you ask her for her opinion on something. I can go weeks without talking with Lee and when we catch back up, it is like no time as passed! She is a great friend and will be there for a friend in need - hands down!
  7. LAUGHING - I have a husband that makes me laugh out loud. I love to laugh - you know what I mean, the BELLY LAUGH.....Ben is one of those guys that makes jokes when there are some serious discussions going on. He breaks the tension in the room by cracking a joke and he usually ends up making me laugh. Nathan is also like him - makes me laugh just by looking at me the "right way".
  8. LANGUAGES - I love the English Language. I love it written, I love it spoken. I have a huge grammar problem with people online who can't decipher the difference between THERE and THEIR and THEY'RE. There are so many similar sounding words but with different meanings. TO and TOO is another one.... I could keep going, but you just need to know that when it comes to grammar and spelling - it is a huge PET PEEVE of mine! Now, I have to admit that there are other languages in the world that sound more romantic (Italian, French). I love to hear people speaking different languages - even if I don't understand. Spanish is one of those languages I love to listen to. I wish I could speak another language and I think it is important to know how to speak another language. I took French from third grade up to the tenth grade. I can't speak French now that I am in my 30's, but I think it is important to try to learn another language.
  9. LISTS - I am a list kind of girl. Groceries, TO-DO, Packing, Housework...give me a list and I am good to go. When I can check off something on that list, I feel accomplished - even the smallest task can make me feel good to just strike it off the list! I know, it is kinda weird, but it works for me!
  10. LOVEMAKING - well, DUH!!! Who DOESN'T love this??? It HAD to be on the list....it starts with an "L"......so stop blushing already, we are all adults here!! (I am talking to myself here - ha ha ha!)

There is my "L" list.....

7 comments:

MidniteScrapper said...

LOL - Great, great list. You're right. That was easy for you and I see why. Great choices. Thanks for playing. =]

missyg said...

Hey Cyn, send me a letter. :0)

Cori said...

I want a letter!

Love your list :-)

Buckeye Benita said...

I want a letter, Cyn!

shirley said...

Great list! I'm still working on my letter from Sherry - this has been tougher than I thought!

Buckeye Benita said...

I got my letter but I can only thing of 4 things so far!

~Bry~ said...

Okay, give me a letter, I am in!