Thursday, December 4, 2008

STREP...

Has hit our house but this time it is ME!
I felt it come on yesterday after lunch. It is rough. My throat feels CLOSED and swallowing is painful. I went to the dr today and they did the swab. The positive test was back very quickly and they decided to administer a shot to my butt! Well, my hip and it was painful like you know what!!! Then I went to CVS to get the prescription and I am so glad I had the shot when I saw the size of those pills!! They are HUGE!
So, I have been in bed all day and most of the night, had to get Nathan from school, but have tried to stay away from him. I am only contagious for the first 24 hours, so I will be good at 9am tomorrow. I am already feeling a little better.
Ben made me chicken noodle soup today for dinner and it really helped my throat! I could actually swallow it down! YAY! I have taken 2 of the penicillan tablets (the huge ones).

I am heading back to bed shortly but just wanted to update this blog to let all of you know! I am so glad that I have the ability to see a doctor when I need one....and so glad that they had a cancellation at 8:40 this morning (unheard of).
G'nite

1 comment:

Lita said...

Oh no! I hope you get better very very soon!