Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude - It's Just Nathan and I

I am thankful that I get the ENTIRE week to hang out with my little man, Nathan. I have big plans for him and I. I have to teach aerobics on Monday night and Wednesday night, but that is it. I have been looking forward to spending the week with him and it is finally here! So, we will snuggle on the couch and watch disney movies, eat microwave popcorn, ride his ninja on the front lawn, take naps together, go to the park, a planned trip to the Library, read lots of books, work on writing more letters and just "hang out". You should have seen his face when I put him to bed Sunday night and told him that we would "HANG OUT" all week just him and I - PURE and UTTER JOY! I can't wait! Now, can you imagine not wanting to spend time with your child? Can you believe that some parents are too busy to be able to do this with their children? I am grateful for the fact that I don't have a job right now that would take this special time away from him and I. Strange, for months I have been praying for a job to come my way that I can do while Nathan is at school and now, I am thankful that I do not have a job because it means that we get to be together the entire week! YAY ME! YAY US!

3 comments:

D said...

the right thing at the right time -- we just don't alwayd recognize it until it comes along :)

enjoy your week!!

Martha said...

What a fun week you have ahead of you! Lucky you AND lucky Nathan! :)

MidniteScrapper said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful week planned. Lucky boy!