Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FRUSTRATION....

So, yesterday I picked Nathan up from "BIG BOY" school and he told me that he has a SAD FACE in his AGENDA. I was upset. I have been BATTLING with him over his behaviour. I feel like there is NOTHING I can do to him to make him realize what he has done wrong. They ALMOST had to get the Assistant Principal of Discipline for Nathan today. He would not calm down and was disrupting class with his screaming and crying temper tantrum. How long is this going to be a problem? What can I do????

Time Out - NOTHING.

Taking Toys Away - NOTHING.

No Computer - NOTHING.

No TV - NOTHING.

An Encounter with Mr.Woody - NOTHING.



I have tried PRAISING his HAPPY FACES too. I am at a LOSS.....I am off to find a copy of The Strong Willed Child by James Dobson and hopefully devour that in a couple of days!!!
I told Ben that I was at a LOSS and I heard him have a little chat with Nathan this morning before he left for work. Sometimes I wonder if it goes in one ear and out the other with Nathan......

So, I am sitting here in pins and needles waiting until 3:30 when I go get him to see if he has been good today.

1 comment:

Lita said...

I hear ya! Hoping things change for you soon...let me know how that book goes too. I could use it...on DD#1 and DH :p