Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Part 2: I've Come To Realize

I've come to realize that, my friend Lee: Speaks the truth, is generous, caring and a great person to hang out with. She keeps it real!!! I love that about her!!! Love ya, Lee!!!!!

I’ve come to realize that, my ex: really was a WASTE OF TIME when I was dating him.

I’ve come to realize that, I talk: too loud, too much, too enthusiastically.

I’ve come to realize that, I love: my husband with reckless abandon and my son - unconditionally. My family - unconditionally. My friends - without hesitation.

I’ve come to realize that, my friends: in Canada, have moved in different directions from me and have changed. But they will ALWAYS be there for me even though I am WAY down here in GEORGIA! My friends here in Georgia and the States, also have different things going on in their lives and we don't take time to get together like we used to when we were "childless". Maybe I need to rectify that!

I’ve come to realize that, I’ve lost: my inspiration for a little while......I hope it finds its way back to me!

I’ve come to realize that, I hate how: it is so hard for me to get a job down here in Warner Robins! If you have any education, it seems like you are over-qualified for any job. I wonder, sometimes, if I should "DUMB-DOWN" my resume to be able to land a job! Sad eh?

I’ve come to realize that, marriage is: Hard. Very hard. A true partnership. There is never a 50-50 day, just days of 90-10, or if you're lucky, 75-25. Balance is key. And not always in your favour. (Lee had this on her blog and I am shamelessly taking her words for this one....and adding my own). You should constantly work on your marriage because it isn't that "wedding day" that matters so much. It's the rest of the time together that is important! I have also realized that I don't thank Ben enough for what he does every day to support our family! Maybe I should do that tonight! ;)

I’ve come to realize that, somewhere, someone is thinking: our world is going to the pits and we need to do something fast! What are our children going to grow up with if we don't start taking care of the world we have? What is happening to this world?

I’ve come to realize that, I’ll always have: the love and support of my parents, my child, my dreams, my accomplishments, my FAITH.

I’ve come to realize that, I have a crush on: Ben, my husband.

I’ve come to realize that, the last time I cried was: when I left Guelph after visiting my parents. I hate leaving, but after 6 years here, I am starting to get used to it a little. I don't cry anymore when people leave my house after a visit.....except when my parents or Ben's parents leave.

I’ve come to realize that, before I go to sleep at night: I drink a glass of water, brush my teeth and read a little in my bed, before turning off the light.

I’ve come to realize that, babies: May not be in the cards for me anymore. But they will be in my future sometime because Nathan will probably have one with his wife (MANY MANY MANY YEARS FROM NOW) and if he chooses not to, that is OK too!

I’ve come to realize that, I go on the internet: too much! Maybe I need to change that.......hmmmmmm

I’ve come to realize that, today: I may get to the bank and to Walmart, but that may be it. Nathan is my focus and we have plans to swim today!

I’ve come to realize that, tonight I will: make dinner, spend QUALITY time with Ben, tuck my little monkey into bed and maybe clean up a little in my scrap room, then head to bed to get some much needed sleep.....

I’ve come to realize that, school is: something I wish I could "DO-OVER". I would love to go back to school - UNIVERSITY this time - and get my teaching degree. But I think that dream will have to fall by the wayside for right now. School creates opportunities for people when they finish and I plan to enforce that with Nathan as he grows.

I’ve come to realize that, tomorrow I will: keep spending my last 2 weeks with Nathan before he heads to Pre-K starting August 4th! My baby is growing up!

2 comments:

Midnite Scrapper said...

Love this version best! Great, honest responses! Thanks for sharing. =]

Lee said...

Love you too, chickie. Great getting to know you better!