Friday, June 20, 2008

Warner Robins....

I live in Warner Robins and I have been trying for the last 2 years to get a job with the school board as a ParaPro (I scored the top score 480 on the exam) or a SST Clerk or even a Secretary of any office. No matter what job it is, I am qualified for it. I have done plenty of office jobs and I have LOADS of computer knowledge - ex-Network Administrator, ex-PC Support Administrator, I also took Early Childhood Education at Conestoga College for 2 years and graduated. So, the big thing here is "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!"

I have been substitute teaching for the School Board for 2 years now and I have yet to land an interview for ANY of the jobs! I just have no idea. I get calls to cover people's classes because they know that I will do a great job and I have even asked to get those people that I cover for on a regular basis to put in a good word for me and they write a great reference for me.

I just don't understand! Is it because they think that I will not stay long? I mean, come on! I don't even need benefits! I have no clue what to do now, I mean, I have thought about going around to all the schools nearby and asking the principals if they need a Para because I know that those jobs are NOT advertised. I hit their website daily to submit my application. I just have no idea what else I can do!

No comments: