Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Alice Rubina Embro

Well, I got a call on Saturday morning - my Grandma Alice died on Thursday.
She has battled for a while with Dementia and Emphysema. She was in her 93rd year and I know she had a full life. It doesn't stop me from being sad. I still feel horrible. I am in GEORGIA and they are up in Guelph. I can't get there in time and I will miss the funeral. I know that my mum went to the fineral home and saw all my relatives from my Biological Father's side of the family (it was his mom).

Mum even saw my Biological Father - Trieste. Did you know that he didn't even ask her about me? He signed me over to Al so long ago and it isn't like he has ever really been a father to me, but you would think he would ask about me.....What an ASS!

Back to Grandma Alice - she was the last grandparent I had. She hadn't met Nathan either because she was so far gone, she would have just been VERY confused had I taken him there. BUT - the last time I saw her, she *KNEW* who I was.......Made me feel good that she knew who I was and what I was to her. She will be missed by a lot of people. I still feel bad....and it has been a few days since I found out.....

Rest in Peace Grandma Alice.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Rest in peace, indeed. Sorry it has been such a terrible experience for you Cyn. (((HUGS))) Can't wait to give you one in person!

CloverGirl said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm glad your last visit with her was a great one.

Midnite Scrapper said...

Hugs to you Cyn! May she rest in peace.

Kaye said...

I'm sorry for your loss!

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Cyn. It's so hard when grandparents die. Sorry your bio-dad was a jerk.

Hugs to you and your family.

missyg said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma.

missyg said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma.

~~Carrie Ann said...

Sorry for your loss, Cyn! And sorry you couldn't be there. I lost my Mam-mam in 2005 and I couldn't get back to the states. I still regret that. I need the closure. It's hard being so far away. :( May she rest in peace...