Thursday, May 29, 2008

SS Blog #19

Your challenge today is simple.If you had to make your ultimate MIX TAPE (er, mix CD) what would be the top 10 songs on it, and why would you choose those songs?
  1. Express Yourself - Madonna

  2. You Gotta Be - Des'ree

  3. Stained Glass Masquerade - Casting Crowns (anything from CC is fine by me really)

  4. I Don't Wanna Be - Gavin DeGraw

  5. From This Moment On - Shania Twain and Bryan White

  6. The Gambler - Kenny Rogers

  7. I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe

  8. My Wish - Rascal Flatts

  9. I am Free - (Christian Song I don't know the name of the artist)
  10. I'm Alive - (another Christian song that I don't know the name of the artist)


The Gambler is the song I would fall asleep to every night as a child.

From This Moment On is Ben's and my wedding song and means a great deal to me. From that moment on - the only man I could ever want is Ben....STILL IS!

My Wish - is a song that hits home when it comes to my son Nathan. Every wish I could have for him is outlined in this song.

My salvation means a lot to me and I Am Free and I'm Alive are two songs that mean a lot! They both talk about Jesus giving us salvation and the reason I am here and forgiven is ALL BECAUSE OF HIM. Which is TRUTH.

Stained Glass Masquerade is just a song that I can relate to really well.

Express Yourself - is just a song that I can get up and dance to! Madonna was so great back then.

I Don't Wanna Be - a song that I love and our church changed the words a little bit to be able to use it in a sermon and I LOVED IT! It is a very cool song and I happen to like it a lot!

You Gotta Be is the typical - "power to the women" kind of song for me. It talks about being bold, wise, strong, tough, cool, calm. All the things a mother and wife needs to be!

I Can Only Imagine - a song that makes me think about the day I meet Jesus in Heaven. This song has been played at a couple funerals that I have been to and it was an eye opener. I had never looked at it that way. Then the song had a new meaning to me.

No comments: