Saturday, March 15, 2008

A sad day.....

Well, someone from ScrapShare lost their battle to Cancer today......Mickey Lou...
Everyone was praying for her recovery, I was praying for her recovery.
She was someone I never got to talk to, someone I never met, but I have read her posts and have seen the kind of person she was through her posts on ScrapShare.....

Here is a tidbit:
"I've learnt the world is full of people that I can call friend - even if I haven't met them IRL.
I've learnt to ask when I have a problem, someone here is sure to know the answer.
I've learnt some fantastic ways to keep my house organized.
I've learnt that miracles happen.
I've learnt that I have no life outside of SS.
"

She left behind her DH - Matt and her 2 young boys.....it just doesn't seem fair that someone so young could have cancer, battle it and leave behind two young boys that will never see the kind of person their mom was. It bothers me that they will grow up without her and that Matt's wife is gone....he is left to take care of those two boys on his own.....Sure, he will be their memory for them, but they won't remember it for themselves......
It just doesn't seem fair!

So, as I sit here with tears in my eyes as I type this out....I am thankful that she does not have to battle the cancer anymore, the suffering and pain is gone and she is sitting up there in Heaven with Donna probably watching all of us.....

My prayers are with her family and especially with her DH....I pray for his strength in the coming months and years as he raises their two boys...
Rest in peace Mickey Lou....you will be missed.....

No comments: